Dance Therapy Week #10 Fourth Term 2020-2021

 DANCE THERAPY


1. LET'S WATCH THE VIDEO AND DISCUSS THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN CLASS.


-Do you like to dance? 
-What type of music do you like?

2. CHECK THIS VOCABULARY

-Ailments = diseases, illnesses
-assess = evaluate
-take up = start, especially a new activity

3. READ THIS TEXT ABOUT DANCE THERAPY

Dance therapy has become quite popular since the start of the new millennium, even though its roots go back to the 19th century. Not only is it fun, but it also has a lot of physical and mental health benefits. It is based on the idea that motion and emotion are interconnected. It can help to treat various physical ailments like cancer, arthritis, hypertension, obesity, chronic pain, and cardiovascular disease. It also is effective in treating mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, dementia, and low self-esteem. It can even help with social disorders such as autism and trauma caused by aggression or domestic violence. How do we know it is effective? Because there have been several studies on the topic. In a study from The Arts in Psychotherapy, researchers found that dance therapy had a positive impact on people with depression. A study from the American Journal of Dance Therapy found that dance therapy helped decrease aggression and improve social behavior among teens. And there are dozens more studies that show the benefits of dance therapy. Dance therapy is different than regular dancing.
Even though regular dance of any kind if good for your health and mood, dance therapy takes it to a different level. It becomes more than exercise – it is a language through which people can communicate feelings. Dance therapists guide participants and assess their body language. This becomes the therapeutic side of this activity. So, if you are looking to take up a new good habit, try dance therapy!

4. DISCUSS THESE QUESTIONS AND WRITE YOUR OWN ANSWERS.

a. Do you believe in the power of dance therapy? Why or why not?
 
b. What do you think is the most beneficial aspect of dance therapy? 

c. Would you ever consider becoming a dance therapist? Why or why not?




Comentarios

  1. Exercise # 4
    a: Yes, I do, because dancing is very good for the health of the person.
    b: I think the most beneficial is that it helps our health and mood.
    c: Yes, I would because I like to dance and also help people

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Exercise#4
    a. Yes,I do, because through dance we transmit our emotions, we have fun and relax, it is feasible that we practice it since it is an art.
    B. I think the most beneficial is that it helps us in our physical and mental health.
    C. Yes, I do, because I like to dance since it is an art where we express what we feel, we forget all the problems and also because I would like to encourage people to practice it when they are sad or happy which will help them lot to control themselves in their daily life.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. 1. Yes I do, because through dance therapy we have fun with the music that you like.
    2.I think the most beneficial thing is that it helps the body to be more relaxed and healthy.
    3.Yes, I would help people in need through different types of vouchers.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. 1.Yes. I do it, because dancing you forget all your problems.
    2.I think the most beneficial thing is to destress and improve our health
    3.Not. because I don't like to dance so much

    ResponderEliminar
  5. ~A. Yes I do, because through dance we transmit our emotions, we have fun and we relax as it is a very good art.
    ~B. I think the most beneficial thing is that it helps us in our physical and mental health. ~C. Yes, I like it, because I like to dance since it is an art where we express what we feel, we forget all the problems and we can also help other people.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Exercise N ° 4
    A._ No, I don't think so because I've never practiced dancing and I don't like doing it.
    B._ The most beneficial aspect, which helps us in our physical and mental health.
    C._ No, I am not considering being a therapist, because I do not like to dance and I will never like it.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Exercise #4.
    A).I do believe in the power of dance because I am distracted from others.
    B).The most beneficial thing about dance therapy would be to have a good physical and mental state.
    C).Well it depends if you are a good dancer you could be a dance therapist and teach others.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Exercise # 4
    1. Yes, because through dance we transmit our emotions. Greetings, we have fun and relax, it is easy to learn so we can practice it as it is very good for the group.
    B. I think the most beneficial thing is that it helps us in our physical and mental health and in our emotions.
    C. Yes, I like it, because I like to dance that way we express what we feel, we forget all the problems we have

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Exercise # 4
    A.-Yes,I do, because that helps me feel more free, relaxed and at the same time I am taking care of my body and my health
    B-. I think the most beneficial thing is that it helps us to stay healthy and healthy to lead a longer life, in addition to de-stressing us in times of stress.
    C.- No, I do not do it because even though I like to dance I do not feel capable of guiding another person, nor would I know how to give him the treatment he needs

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Yes I do, because through dance we transmit our emotions, we have fun and we relax, it is feasible that we practice it since it is an art.
    B. I believe that the most beneficial thing helps us in our physical and mental health.
    C. Yes I do, because I like to dance since it is an art where we express our feelings and emotions

    ResponderEliminar
  11. .Yes. I do it, because dancing you forget all your problems.
    2.I think the most beneficial thing is to destress and improve our health
    3.Not. because I don't like to dance so much

    ResponderEliminar
  12. A. Yes, since it helps a lot to the muscles and to be able to relax and de-stress.

    B. that through dance we can exercise. and move the whole body especially having fun.


    C) yes, maybe because it would also be a nice hobby.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

The Pachamama Week #6 Second Term 2020-2021

What sports/games are played in your community? Week #7 Third Term 2020-2021

Ecuador and Sports Week #6 Third Term 2020-2021